True North

I was just outside getting a breath of fresh, midnight air.  Pondering about the past few years and experiences I've had.  I've been on a roller coaster.  Not just the typical roller coaster, but the ride that has a high climb, a big drop, loops, sharp turns...Moments that made me scared and sick to my stomach and moments that brought pure bliss. 

I would like to share a little thought about the drops and fast turns.  They represent the dark moments in my life.  The times when I felt alone.  I felt lost, helpless and discouraged.  I heard a quote the other day.  I don't remember it word for word or who wrote it, but it was something along the lines of, "when you find yourself in darkness, look for the stars to give you light". -unknown.

When in darkness we use stars to navigate, wherever you are, you can look for the North Star for a sense of direction.  It's always there, it's constant.  What is my North Star or my, "true north"?  That is what  I'm trying to figure out.  What I like most about the quote is, "look for the stars".  I interpret that as reach for your dreams.  When you feel lost and you don't know where you are, dream.  Reach for the stars.  Imagine yourself somewhere else, a better place, where and who you want to be.  Slowly but surely those little specks of light you're reaching for become your bright star;  Your true north, your constant sense of direction. 

I'm scanning the night sky for my true north.  I'm mapping my dreams making my own constellations in this life.  If I feel lost, I'll know I can hope for better things.  I can dream of something better.
Then someday, someday soon, the sun will rise again.  The amazing thing is the stars don't disappear, they are still there, simply glimmering behind all of the sunshine that's come back into your life.  All because in darkness, you reached for your true north, you reached for the stars!

posted under |

No comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

About Me

My photo
I have a sweet, adorable and spoiled Maltese named Kea. If you don't believe me, she has a shirt that says so! HA

My Play List

Followers


Recent Comments