Just Another Manic Monday!

Alrighty Peeps,

Tomorrow's marathon training will be a little difficult at first if you're not conditioned to running/jogging.  The good thing about the Monday workout, is you don't have to kill yourself, (those workouts are on Wednesdays and Saturdays).  :)

Tomorrow is Monday, Feb 14, (Happy LOVE Day) you and I will run/jog for 20 minutes.  Remember to warm up those muscles with a light walk/speed walk followed by stretching.  You don't want to push your muscles too hard and cause an injury.  Listen to your body and don't push yourself if you are feeling pain.  Your muscles will need some time to adjust to running, so stretch a LOT and only stretch when your muscles are warm.  Stretch before, during and after running.  Thanks to my running friend friend Dayna Player-Robinson I found and LOVE this great tool used for stretching and injury prevention.  If I'm running at the gym, I will warm up on the olyptical for about 15 minutes and then I'll stretch and then run the 20 on the treadmill.  If you need to take walk breaks during your 20 minute run that is just fine, just keep them under 30 seconds and one walk break every 4-5 minutes.  Some iron men/women don't need the walk breaks, but I do and I want you to know it's okay if you need them too :) 

I'm very excited for all of this fun!  I'm also very excited to fit back into my favorite jeans! :)

posted under , |

No comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

About Me

My photo
I have a sweet, adorable and spoiled Maltese named Kea. If you don't believe me, she has a shirt that says so! HA

My Play List

Followers


Recent Comments