If we could all hear one another's prayers, God might be relieved of some of his burdens. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

With no success I've spent the last 30 minutes searching for a REALLY, really great quote that I often repeat to myself.  I can't believe I don't have it book marked and or written on my wall in vinyl lettering. Maybe this is my sign to contact one of the 107 people I know that could do that for me.  I do live in Utah after all. :)

I wish I knew the exact wording and where to give the credit where the credit is due, but here is my version: "We endure trials to become stronger and wiser.  With that strength and wisdom, it is our responsibility to help others who are enduring the challenges / hardships we have overcome". 

As I look back on certain times in my life it's almost hard to recognize that girl in my memory, to remember certain details because at the time, I felt as though I was existing in a dense, thick fog.  You know, the type where you can't see where you are going, so you try to move forward with small steps HOPING you don't fall flat on your face. Then it's as if I saw little lights in the distance.  People coming towards me, holding candles to light the way.  Some are familiar faces, some new faces of happy, helping people saying, "come on girl, let's get out of here".

When the fog was lifting and I was able to see things a little clearer, I heard that quote I mentioned above. "We endure trials to become stronger and wiser. With that strength and wisdom, it is our responsibility to help others who are enduring the challenges / hardships we have overcome".  It hit me like a brick wall.  All of those who blessed my life when I was in despair had been there.  Done that.  They were brought into my life at the time to help me heal.  They were answers to my prayers. 

I began to see others who were experiencing the trials I had recently endured.  My heart would ache for them as I knew from personal experience how painful it could be.  I tried my best to reach out, to tell them that I KNOW things get better and GRACE will rescue you and THEY WILL survive and be happy once again.  Although God may not be here physically to answer all of our prayers, he does hear us and will answer our plea's through the tender mercies of others.  Sometimes it's hard to let others in, but try to see them as little lights of hope that can help you see things you may not be able see any other way.
I promise with all of my heart as long as you follow the light at the end of the tunnel you will make it.
I KNOW right now it seems impossible to make it just one more day.  I also KNOW you can and you will.
Sometimes our hearts have to break to let love in.  Looking back, at the time I felt forsaken and stripped of everything I had believed in.  Now I see that there was a purpose for my pain.  That I had to endure to learn and grow in ways I couldn't have any other way.  Not that God ever wanted me to hurt, but that he wanted me to see and feel the love from him and others in oorder to see how blessed I REALLY am.   


Now that I feel as though the fog has lifted I am so thankful for my little beacons of light.  I truly see each and every one of you as major blessings in my life.  I will never forget your service and unconditional love you showed me.  I am still amazed at how when I felt forsaken, I was really held closer than I had ever been held before.  I am never alone, YOU are never alone, WE are never alone.  Although we may feel forsaken, love always finds a way and the LIGHT will turn the night to day. 
 



XOXO
Kristie

posted under |

No comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

About Me

My photo
I have a sweet, adorable and spoiled Maltese named Kea. If you don't believe me, she has a shirt that says so! HA

My Play List

Followers


Recent Comments