Collision vs. Accident vs. Destiny

A collision is an isolated event in which two or more moving bodies (colliding bodies) exert forces on each other for a relatively short time.
Although the most common colloquial use of the word "collision" refers to accidents in which two or more objects collide, the scientific use of the word "collision" implies nothing about the magnitude of the forces.

A collision, accident, whatever you want to call it:  Two things or people colliding together.  These are often viewed negatively and unfortunate.

What if there are no such things as accidents?  What if everything happens for a reason and collisions are simply the universe ensuring everything is the way it's suppose to be.

How often to we trying to perfectly control certain situations and aspects of our lives?  Trying to maintain such control that we are driving ourselves away from where we are suppose to be.  That what we want and what we envision are actually so far off course from what we really need, and that our ego's are too involved to see what makes us truly happy. 

Maybe collisions and accidents are exactly the opposite.  Maybe there is a force/greater power that knows us far better than we know ourselves, and it's simply putting us on our true north.

Maybe that person who broke your heart was one of the best things to ever happened to you.  Although it's still hard to see now, it was a collision in your life that broke you into a million pieces, showing you how strong you really are and that what you thought was so great was only controlling you, driving you away from who you really are meant to become.

Maybe someone has betrayed your trust and let you down.  You expected more from them and feel robbed of what you should have had.  Look back and ask yourself, what if that person had been perfect, had never made a mistake.  What if what you wished had happened did happen.  Would you have learned to forgive?  Would you have learned to raise the bar for yourself?  Would you have learned what not to do and choose how to treat your loved ones and vow to never hurt others the way you had been hurt?  Maybe yes, maybe no.

The more I think of the word collision, I can't help but oppose it to an accident.  I see it merely as destiny.  That we are all who and where we are suppose to be.  That the more we try to control and manipulate things/situations/people in our lives, the more we are going to lose control, because it's in those moments when we really need to learn how to let go and live.

Here we are...all of us here in this world of choices, directions, u-turns and dead ends.  Getting lost have been some of the best times of my life.  I got to see things I never expected to see.  I learned more about myself by finding my own way home, rather than someone telling me how to get there.  How much I would have missed if I had followed everyone else, if I had taken the only route I had been given. 

What I once thought were collisions/accidents in my life are merely experiences that taught me I was going the wrong way and that there was something far better for me... Just waiting for me if I could just loosen my grip long enough to let go of what was holding me back.  Things that I couldn't have dreamed would make me happy have become my reality. 

The more I've let go, the less I've collided and the more I've lived.

Let go, collide and live your destiny!

XOXO,
Kristie      

posted under , |

No comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

About Me

My photo
I have a sweet, adorable and spoiled Maltese named Kea. If you don't believe me, she has a shirt that says so! HA

My Play List

Followers


Recent Comments